Pages

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Popes and Bankers by John Cashill

As the title suggests, this book is all about the history of credit and debt, started by Popes and then Bankers, from ancient until AIG times. The author presented well-researched data throughout history. All of you out there who should be needing bunch of info about credit and debt’s history, this book is for you.

As this book is comprised with a lot of religion, politics and business issues, I found myself lost however especially in the first few chapters. I had a hard time trying to get the point and was having a hard time connecting the characters and events. I’ve seen and recognize hints of humor but just that I couldn’t quite relate with it. I found it really tedious to keep my interest in this book because of the dates and the names and their contribution to credit and debt history. I have a heart for business but I couldn’t keep my focus when presented with heavy data.

I would recommend this book to somebody who can grasp history and the humor of politics and religion and all matters connected to it. This would also serve best to students and professionals alike whose interest evolve in the subject matter.

I give this book 2 star for its readability and 5 stars as to the substance. This book is a complimentary copy which I receive from Book Sneeze

No comments:

Post a Comment