Pages

Friday, February 18, 2011

Business on the Side - eBay 101

It has been a long time since I last blogged. A lot of happenings lately. My dad died on July 2010, completely leaving me to take over the family finances. I had an ongoing immigration petition for my the fiance, now officially my wife, way back in the Philippines that required a lot of attention and a lot of money. My grandmother in the Philippines died, thus postponing my wedding to 2011 and having my wife unemployed for a longer period as was expected. These events were just some of the outstanding highlights in my 2010. No wonder I was off for a long time. I had to look for ways to earn additional money.

A friend of mine was into selling smart phones in eBay. He has no job but he earns his decent income - tax free - by just selling online. He started his business way back in 2007 and now that he has built his network and established his credibility as an online seller, he never has to worry for looking for a steady job again. Luckily, this friend of mine was generous enough and has encouraged me to venture into this online business, also selling smart phones and other tech gadgets like he does. He helped me establish my credibility by building up positive feedback from my buyers. He taught me everything from scratch, how to post, what kind of photos to post to get a buyer's attention, the content of each post, and the best time to post a listing so that it appears on top of other listings. Right now, for nine months I have already sold a couple of phones and has earned 30 stars more or less in eBay, with positive feedback from my buyers, I am a credible online seller, a credible eBayer.

Selling in eBay was one thing that I considered doing just to get an extra income at the beginning, as an addition to to my monthly paycheck. I never thought this could really be helpful, earning a couple more dollars a month by just posting and waiting for a buyer to see my post online is just so convenient.

I'd like to share more about online selling on my next posts. I will be redeeming myself in this little blog and will seriously start putting on some business lessons for everybody to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment